Anxiety and depression are common emotional imbalances most people go through in this chaotic lifestyle. Anxiety has more to impulsiveness and worry. It brings in lots of irrational thoughts in the spur of a moment. Infact, an anxious mind does lead to depression. One emotional imbalance can eventually trigger the other. Hence, anxiety and depression most often need to be treated simultaneously.
Depression is a mental disorder occurring in the brain in which the levels of neurotransmitters act abnormally. Factors like genetical changes, difficult situations, hormonal imbalance and other medical conditions such as diabetics, stroke can also lead to onset of depression.
An individual unable to cope up with these disorders would primarily seek medications prescribed by the doctor. Few individuals do find a counselor or seek psychologist’s helps to get themselves treated from such disorders.However not many people are aware of a very powerful and secret ingredient-Turmeric, has a great impactful healing to anxiety and depression.
Turmeric consists of an anti-inflammatory compound called Curcumin. According to a clinical study, curcumin elevates neurotransmitters like serotonin. Neurotransmitters are also known as body’s chemical messengers. The nervous system uses the molecules to transmit messages between neurons and further from these neurons to muscles. Curcumin which is present in turmeric acts as a positive anti-depressant. It has anti-anxiety effects which has the ability to stabilize specific psychological pathways in the brain. It simultaneously works on multiple pathways connected to depression.
Turmeric is one of the most proven and trusted medicinal root, which has instant therapeutic effects to treat depression and anxiety. This yellow coloured herb called the miracle spice treats varied types of ailments apart from anxiety and depression. Its therapeutic properties like- pain relieving ability, antifertility, antifungal, anti-carcinogenic, anti-diabetic and antibacterial properties makes it to be one of the best organic medicines today.
Healing Benefits of turmeric for depression and anxiety
- Curcumin found in turmeric has anti-inflammation properties, reducing inflammation during depression
- It encourages antioxidant defenses.
- It regulates the neurotrophins which are proteins that are important keep the brain functioning.
- It helps in regulating neurotransmitters in the brain.
- Curcumin has anti-anxiety effect which regulates the neurotransmitters in the brain. Hence, it decreases stress and anxiety.
- Turmeric helps in sleep deprivation. Study shows if you have a glass of hot milk along with turmeric it gives your mind rest and sleep. It brings improvement in your sleep pattern.
- Curcumin has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which prevent loss of functional neurons. It gives neuroprotection by offering protection the brain.
- It improves and protects cognition and memory.
- Brain health is extremely important and turmeric has proven to have multiple medicinal properties which can cure depression and anxiety.